Our primary objective is to create a fun, safe environment for you and your child that is conducive to learning and exploring music. Here are a few requests that we make and precautions we take to ensure that the experience is positive for everyone involved:
- Safety: It is the responsibility of each child’s parent or caregiver to ensure the safety and safe
behavior of their child at all times while at CMSS.
- Food and Drink: Please limit snacking to the waiting areas outside of the classroom. Due to food
allergies, and in an effort to keep the room clean, it is safest to keep the space and instruments food-free.
- Siblings: The occasional sibling visit is fine, however all regularly attending siblings must be
registered for the class.
- Health and Well-Being: Please do not bring sick children or sick sibling to class. We are happy to assist you in scheduling a time to make up any missed class(es). The classroom is vacuumed and cleaned regularly and all instruments and props will be sanitized with a child/baby-friendly, non-toxic cleaner daily.
- Make Ups: Within each session, families are welcome to make up missed classes during any of the other weekly time slots that we offer for classes! We ask that you notify Brooke Hopkins of your preferred make up time in advance by email, in the event that there has been a scheduling change.
- Inclement Weather/Teacher Cancellations: In the event of a weather-related cancellation or teacher cancellation, you will be notified directly by the class instructor or a CMSS staff member. For this reason, it is important that you provide our Registrar with the phone number(s) and email address that you check most frequently. All cancellations will be made up during a CMSS Make-up week or at the end of the session.
- Email/Phone Numbers: For general correspondence about the class, it is helpful for your instructor to have your email address and phone number. This information is, of course, kept confidential.